Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snowflake Failure

I'm going to apologize to anyone who is following me thinking that I would be doing sewing. I will be sewing! I promise! I've just got to get through this quarter and I'm golden. I realize the paper cuttings might not be what you want to see, but they're almost all I can share right about now.


 This was supposed to turn out like the one below. I wasn't being patient enough and rushed through cutting. I accidentally severed part of the line. I wasn't pleased and fully planned on tossing the piece out. But my roommate popped up out of nowhere, she does this often, and said she wanted this. So I unfolded the piece and kept it. She will be getting it once my class is over.


I had wanted the top snowflake to look like this one. Let me tell you, this was hard to cut out! The single squiggle line I started with proved to be a challenge, especially since I had to cut this twice. This is a very delicate piece and I'll need to secure it to something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment