Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hearted

Happy Groundhog's Day! I hope the little rodent predicts spring is going to come soon. Who am I kidding?! The little stinker always sees his shadow and we get six more weeks of winter.

Today's paper cutting was a product of a few days before hand. I'm very pleased with the finished product here. There are a few places where I accidentally cut through the paper, but some of them you can't see.


I noticed as I was cutting this out that my shapes, which I had based off a spiked pattern were starting to look like hearts. Apparently I'm subconsciously starting to think about Singles Awareness Day -er I mean Valentines Day... I think I may play around with this and yesterdays flakes for one of my larger art projects. But we shall see how that all works out. All I know is I won't be able to feel my finger again after I finish project two, it's going to be larger then four 17.5 inch snowflakes which means more cutting... yay....

No comments:

Post a Comment