Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Blues Got Me

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've made the Hope Wrap dress before. I haven't had time to get a picture of it because it's been sitting in the back of my closet. I haven't worn it since I finished it in, oh March? The dark blue color makes me think it's more of a fall/winter/early spring deal. Although, I tend to ignore what I should wear in what season, so this might make an appearance sometime this summer if it gets cool enough.

I think this dress turned out a bit better than my white one. There isn't as much problem in my chest area, I still chose to wear a cami under it though. I can't get away with not wearing one at work or church. This fabric was something I found on clearance, and of course I have extra. And this time the hem isn't as horrid! If I fiddled with the back of the dress it would hang straight, but I don't have a full length mirror in my room so I just threw the dress on to get a picture not thinking about the back of it.
Speaking of backs of dresses... A little amusement from my work. I had to work in the dress department of the store that I am employed in, not too odd. But a lady came up to return a dress I had just sold to her because "the back of the dress was longer in the back." My knee jerk reaction was noooo, reaallly?? You don't have a butt to cover? And then I realized the back of the dress was about 4 inches longer than the front, to which the lady responded she couldn't be bothered to hem the dress... At least my work keeps my entertained.

1 comment:

  1. Silly people at work. Ugh. I do like this dress though I slightly prefer the white one's pattern to this one, though I do believe this dress does look a little better. Interesting trade off...both do look nice though.

    ReplyDelete