Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blooming Flowers

Day one of stash busting has led to a pair of bloomers. I've had this fabric for a while and had been wondering what exactly to do with it. I originally purchased two and a half yards for a dress. The dress left about 3/4 a yard left over, which amounted to this.

The pattern I found was at Colette Patterns, the Madeline Mini Bloomers, a free pattern download. As a poor graduate student I'm all about getting things on the cheap, free is just frosting on the cake! I can print for free at the grad school labs, so I have taken advantage of that. Most of the patterns I have found this year have been printed out thanks to the grad school printers.

This pattern was easy to use and the instructions were very clear. Yes, I actually followed the instructions, this time. I normally just glance over the instructions once, deem them useless and go to town. I used the pattern for the waist band, as I'd never done anything with double elastic as this one calls for.
I still have a little bit of fabric left over from this, not enough to make another garment. I'll probably just use what's left for another quilt. Expect to see another pair (or two) of these showing up as I work through what fabric I do have. Or maybe not, I did run out of elastic when I did the waist band. I might have to make a trip to the fabric store... That could lead to trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment