Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stick a Needle in it!

I'm not going to lie I'm avoiding working on my thesis... And my art projects... I'm sorely eyeing up the alcohol in the fridge, its sooo tempting... I have to rearrange a large bulk of my thesis and delete quite a bit. Not looking forward to that, at all. But I know it has to be done. I'm also working on my final art project, which I had to take a break from because the permanent marker was getting to me.


I took a break with this lovely little piece of sewing. It's a heating pad. Yes, I know it's small. I'm fully aware it's simple. I know it'll come in useful. I get have a tendency of getting cramps during that time of month. Heating pads feel wonderful, I doubt they help, but I don't object to the heat when I start freezing.

I used some cotton fabric I purchased from the remnant rack. Cut out two rectangles, sewed the suckers together and filled them with some type of beans. I don't recall which ones as I normally don't eat the type I put in there; I stick to black and garbanzo beans. Then I sewed around the edges a quarter inch because I felt it was a wee bit too large for the amount of beans I poured in there. We'll see how well it works.

Until then I'm going to be eyeing up my sewing machine because I just purchased more fabric for a skirt and a dress. Those won't be done for at least another week. I am currently blocking access to my sewing machine with my art project as that HAS to be done by this Wednesday along with more of my one hour drawings. And I want the revised version of my thesis sent back to my professors by tomorrow evening. After those things are done, heck, after the thesis is sent I'm getting into the hard cider as a reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment