Friday, November 11, 2011

Blue Flowers

Here is one of the dresses I sewed over the summer. I took it from Simplicty 2884, which I all ready sewed another dress from in Made in the US of A. I saw the fabric at Walmart and instantly thought of this pattern. So what I all ready had a dress made from said pattern? The more the merrier! I’m just slightly disappointed that I didn’t bring it down to grad school with me, but I don’t think I could have fit it in my closet if I did.
I put boning in this sucker, which greatly helps holding things up in the back. Next time I make this, I need to remember to buy more than the recommended amount, I could have used a few more pieces around the bodice. I did have to fiddle around with the bodice piece some. It did not fit very well around my abdomen at first, so I had to go let out part of the patter, which worked out perfectly. I need to learn to make muslims of these things first.
As with the last dress I made using this pattern, I did not follow the skirt the pattern provided. I didn’t have enough fabric so I just did a dirndl skirt. That worked out just fine for me.

Please pardon the grainy photos. I took them at home before I came back down to Savannah and did not pull out my tripod, which really would have worked better. Hindsight is always 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment