I’m all ready three weeks into my Spring quarter. Where is the time going? There are still items from over spring break that I need to share! Here’s one of them.
This shirt is straight from Butterick B5497. It’s view A, and coincidentally the same color as on the pattern envelope. The pattern wasn’t hard at all, once I figured out what I was doing. Although, this was one of my unfinished projects due to issues with the “v” in the front and back. I managed to fix the front, thankfully. I really wish I had a dress form, it would have made making this top slightly easier. Hear that Easter Bunny? You can leave one of those in my Easter basket!
The back.... Eh.... That wasn’t so lucky. The first fitting the back was very loose and I unpicked everything to overlap the layers of fabric a bit more. It’s wearable. And aside from the back covering more than I thought it would I’m happy with this. I figure I should have sewn the pattern a size smaller as it’s a bit too loose without the elastic.
I figure I don’t see the back, therefore all is good! I quite like this pattern as I’ve used it in a few other tops. I really want to make the long sleeve view C, but I don’t have enough fabric.
I'm trying very hard not to buy any more fabric until I have gone through the pile I brought down to Georgia with me. I've been chipping away at it for the past month, especially since I don't have nearly as much reading to do this quarter as the previous one.
I do have about quarter to half a yard of this fabric left over. We’ll see what I end up making with that. Another top might be possible if I modify the pattern or I'm sure I could figure out something else that's small. Oh the things I can make...