Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mum's the word


Mum's the word
Originally uploaded by laughers_song
As I've said in my last post, I have a slight obsession with the macro features on my camera... I've taken loads of pictures with it and tend to delete more than half of them (I haven't really figured out how to get a good focus with my little digital camera). The ones that do make it past my cut are fairly decent in my opinion.

This flower is a planted mum in my front yard. I somehow managed to get out of helping plant a majority of the flowers, but yet I'll be the one weeding the flower beds, eck. I'm hoping the deer don't decide to eat the mums like they do every other flower we've ever planted, the mums are just too pretty (and too photogenic) to be deer food!

It's early on in the morning yet and I have to go work for 6 hours today. Joy... Working retail isn't exactly what I call loads of fun. I can't tell people how stupid they are, or that the thing they're looking for is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, or that they need to learn how to read. No, no I have to be nice and cheery and chipper. While those qualities may describe me I don't like wasting such effort on the stupid people who don't have a clue.

Hopefully I'll get pictures of my sewing today! The sun is shining!!

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Geist,

    I really like that picture. I've been fooling around with a camera that has been purchased for my overseas trip and haven't gotten anything to look just as amazing as the above picture. You rock. And while you may not always be cheery and chipper, I'd like to say that you've always been nice to me. So there.

    R. Enola

    PS- Where are said pictures of sewing?

    ReplyDelete