Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Falling for mums

Back in July and August, before I moved down to Georgia I had a little bit of fun with my camera's macro option. As usual... Outside in my front yard my mother had planted mums. I think by the time August rolled around she was quite frustrated with them. They look lovely when they're in bloom, but once they wilt they look hideous! Just when my mother went to pull the plants up, they'd have flowers again. Ah, the endless cycle of nature.

I had the opportunity one day to take my camera and capture some of the flowers beauty before the died and annoyed my mother even further. I was so happy with the clarity in these. Even though my camera says it has a 10x zoom, sometimes the zoom isn't clear, or agreeable. I managed to get a few really nice shots and I thought I'd share. Here is one of the red/orange mums.
I love the contrasting colors of the petals to the inner section and the scattered of the yellow/white around the center. The combination of colors reminds me of the fall leaves. The leaves which Georgia is lacking here. As my roommate has said, the leaves don't change colors, they just die right off the trees. I feel Georgia's fall isn't as spectacular as it is up north, but I am partial to the northern weather habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment